Simple Elbow Macaroni With Ayamas Baked beans


I usually cook for a more elaborate dinner but sometimes unexpected things crop up so I won't have time to cook. On this occasions, I will just cook from any canned food found in my pantry. My stocks are usually baked beans, tunas, sardines, beehoon, instant noodles.  Ayamas Baked beans is one of the all time favourites of my children.


Therefore, I was full of excitement when Ayamas sent me a few tins of baked beans for me to try out  for my blog. Ayamas Baked beans is a superfood, packed with fibers, energy, with 50% reduced sugar and super low in fat.


Here is my simple fast quick recipe for Elbow Macaroni with Ayamas Baked Beans

Ingredients: 
1. 1 tin canned Ayamas Baked Beans 425 g
2. 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3. 30-40 g sliced chicken breast meat 
4. 3 Tbsp curry powder ( add more if you like more spicy)
5. 5 button mushrooms (sliced)
6. 1 Tsp of asam paste 
7. 2 tomatoes
8. 4 leaves of Iceberg lettuce 
9. 1.5 cup of elbow macaroni 

Method: 
1. Peel and chop the garlic

2. Slice the button mushrooms



3. Chop the tomatoes, put aside


4. Wash and slice the lettuce, put aside


5. Soak the asam paste with water, press and loosen it to get it more diluted into the water


6. Open one can of canned Ayamas Baked Beans, drain out the liquid. The drained liquid can be kept in refrigerator for other use such as adding into sweet sauce for fish



Keep this liquid from the canned baked beans

7. Boil the elbow macaroni (other types of pasta can be used according to your preference). Take it out when it is soft, drain off the water


8. Heat up wok, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil (or vegetable oil), fry the garlic until light brown


9. Add in the chicken strips and a pinch of salt  


10. Fry till cooked through or the color turns white


11. Pour in the curry powder and stir 


12. Quickly add in the sliced mushrooms and stir fry 


13. Lastly add in the baked beans and 2 cups of water and season to taste


14. Scoop it on top the boiled macaroni.  


15. Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Voila, serve and enjoy!


There are different types of Ayamas Baked beans such as normah Ayamas Baked Beans, Ayamas Light Baked beans and Ayamas Cheese Baked Beans.

Suddenly, I feel like experimenting and trying up new recipes with baked beans. Therefore, stay tuned for my next recipe of a savoury muffin with baked beans. Thank you Ayamas for sponsoring the Ayamas Baked Beans!

Post a Comment

0 Comments