Ten Years Restaurant at Sri Petaling



"I want Penang Char Kuey Teow, I want Terengganu Nasi dagang, I want Melaka Nyonya Laksa, no, no I want nice Kuala Lumpur Chicken rice". "How about my Nasi Kuning Tawau?" another Sabahan friend may chip in. Where to go to satisfy everyone of your friends' craving for food?  Ten Years Restaurant is the answer, as it houses top rated Malaysian cuisines under one roof.



 Yes, Malaysia has diverse cultures with each its own culinary delights. But can we get it all under one roof? Fear not, there is Ten Years Restaurant, in Sri Petaling, Kuala Lumpur that serves Malaysia's most famous street food in its restaurant.



On 17 September 2015, a part of Sri Petaling was turned into festive mood. Lots of balloons were put on cars parked along the road and people were crowding at Ten Years Restaurant for its opening ceremony. It was a grand opening affair for Ten Years Restaurant. Ten Years Restaurant showcases the best flavours across Malaysia from food operators that has been operating for more than ten years.



I was invited to this grand opening, and I was pleasantly surprised to see a hip-hop modern dance performed by young waiters that night. What an interesting opening night!


The name Ten Years signifies a period of ten years to evoke memories  of a generation or cycle of a business trend. This name is styled to create a synonymous link to bygone eras of nostalgic 60s, groovy 70s, colorful 80s and bygone 90s. Therefore, we will be greeted at the entrance by reminisces from these different eras.







There are unique settings that seamlessly meld contemporary and classic interiors alongside architectural inspirations of different races.



Some parts are segmented so that it is suitable for private parties, social gatherings and functions or corporate get-togethers.



                                       Comfortable seating along the corridors outside for fresh air.  
                     

Going to the toilet? Now, what's a pot doing here? Careful, I hope nothing is boiling inside behind this door, hehe.


Bloody Mary - RM9.50, Berry Cooler - RM8.90 and Orange Mojito - RM8.90



Milo Dinosaur RM7.90

 

Thyme Lemonade - RM7.50


Ang Mo "Kat Chai" - RM8.90

This Ang Mo "Kat Chai" is unique and somewhat different from the normal "Kat Chai" drink because I taste a lot of salt on my first sip. Looking more closely at the glass, I saw the brink was coated with a layer of salt! No wonder my whole mouth tastes salty. Well, the waiter told me that we have to tell earlier that we do not want this salt coating on the brink next time we order. Hmm.. how about giving some description of the beverages to clients so that they have pre knowledge of what they are ordering.



Nancy Kitchen Nyonya Laksa RM19.90

Local famous food that were popular and highly rated were scouted, selected by Ten Years team. For example, there were long queues at Nancy's Kitchen in Malacca. It is one of the top must try food in Malacca. A bowl of noodles that is full of thick coconut curry, fresh prawn, fish balls, fich cake slices, tofupok, crunchy cucumber and sprouts.



Nasi Dagang Kak Pah - RM18.90

This speciality from Kuala Terengganu is so good that it is sold out within 3 hours every morning. But here, I find that it is not up to par to my memories of my usual nasi dagang breakfast during my stay in Kuala Terengganu a couple of years ago.


Prawn Mee Jalan Chong Fatt Sze - RM16.90

A guarded recipe that spans 2 generations, this Prawn Mee from Penang is 40 years old! So, no further recommendation is needed as its age is the proof of how good it is.


Shun Fa Restaurant Chicken Rice - RM19.90

Origin from Kuala Lumpur, this chicken rice started since 1975 and now into the second generation. Personally, the chicken a bit too salty for me and the rice did not tick my fussy tongue.


Tiger Char Kuey Teow - RM15.90


Oh yes, Char Kuey Teow. This dish is my highly recommended dish here. This Penang Char Kuey Teow, it has been around since the 60's. The taste is superb with the kuey Teow fried to the correct 'wok hei' (the correct use of heat and time to fry the noodles).


Grilled Chicken with Percik Sauce - RM25.90

I did not get to taste the famous Nasi Kuning from Tawau, Sabah. So, I went to Ten Years Resarant again last week. It was at 7.45 pm and I was told that the Nasi Kuning has sold out already. Then, I wanted to try the Rojak Kepong which is stated that it has been in business selling for more than 30 years. Rojak is also my favourite dish. Again, my goodness, I was told that this been sold out too. So, I tried Ten Years own specialities, called FUSION. Grilled Chicken with percik sauce. is a twist from Kelantan's popular dish. Yes this is delicious! 


Grilled  Steak with Assam Pedas sauce - RM49.90

The beef steak is cooked just right as requested, medium done. This Assam pedas sauce tastes good (although with a higher salt content) and compliments well with the steak, making it a delectable East meets West dish. The only lacking is the sauce on the dish was too little, but I was very happy that they obliged when I requested for more.


Ten Years is wholly owned by Horsemen Group Sdn Bhd. 


Operating on a unique concept, Ten years caters to the needs of franchisees recipe owners. Detailed plan is drawn out as shown in the graphic above. It is a win-win situation where the franchise owners are supported by Ten Years' strong marketing, branding and operation infrastructure. Therefore Mr. Victor Bong, CEO of Ten Years, said that he hopes more famous recipe owners will join the platform in order to preserve Malaysian food culture. Ten Years is open to franchise or License outlets as Ten years plans to open 40 outlets in Malaysia by 2017. It also aspires to expand overseas in ASEAN and with 200 outlets by 2020 in China.



Friendly Mr. Victor Bong, CEO of Ten Years Restaurant and Horsemen Group having a chat with some happy foodies.

Address:
Ten Years
No. 1, Jalan Radi Bagus 6,
Bandar Baru Sri Petaling,
Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-90549688

Websitehttp://www.tenyears.com.my/

Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/tenyears.my

***************************************************************************
Thank you for your time reading my blog. Please give a Like for Secret-spices Facebook 
******************************

Post a Comment

0 Comments