Chewy chocolate chips cookies baked with cream cheese


Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies?  I always wanted to try and bake a chewy gooey chocolate chip cookies! I was inspired to make chocolate chip cookies after watching this youtube video from Benjiman TV. He made it so effortlessly!



I realised that I still have a leftover tube of cream cheese from a previously cheesecake recipe that I baked last time. Hence, I thought why don't I twerk the original recipe a bit to make it better! I found out from a website that cream cheese is a secret ingredient for the chocolate chip cookies! Based on this website called Just A Taste, the result of adding cream cheese into the recipe will produce a softest cookie that pairs with a perfectly chewy centre with slightly crispy edges!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cream Cheese Recipe

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temp
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together then sieve into a bowl and put aside.

2. Mix the butter, cream cheese, white sugar and brown sugar in another bowl (Bowl B). Beat at medium speed. (Don't over beat it)

3. Mix the vanilla extract and eggs into the mixture (Bowl B). Beat at slow speed. (Don't over beat it)

 4. Mix the flour mixture into bowl B slowly and gradually. Beat at slow speed. (Don't over beat it)

5. Use spoon and mix in the chocolate chips into the mixture.

6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 3 days.

7. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and line two baking tray with baking paper or silicone mat.

8. Drop 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of dough onto the baking sheets, spacing the mounds at least 2 inches apart.

9. Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 2 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.




It was a success! I did not put in 2 cups of chocolate chips as I ran out of it. Nevertheless, the chocolate chip cookies taste so good and it is very soft too! The sweetness is just right for my family and my grandma loves it very much! This is a very easy recipe to make as you don't need to mould the cookie shapes. You just scoop the cookie dough onto the mat depending on the size that you want your cookies to be. I was able to make about 2 dozens chocolate chip cookies from this recipe. This is a  SOFT cookie so don't expect it to be crunchy and crispy!
Have fun baking!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Marvelous work!. Blog is brilliantly written and provides all necessary information. I really like this awesome post. Thanks for sharing this useful post. 
    https://www.bharattaxi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Ya, I will check out and engage your taxis when I travel aboard.

      Delete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)