Green Peas Cookies for Chinese New Year

I loved green peas cookies 3 years ago after a friend gave me box of it. Wanted to make it but some what didn't get to it till now.

Tried baking a batch of it 2 weeks ago and it was alright. The taste is ok but a bit rough. Just now, I tried another batch by tweeting the recipe a bit. At first it turns up too soft and oily. What's wrong? Well, I realize it is the method of preparation. This batch I sieve very thoroughly the flour, icing sugar and green peas powder! The final taste is fantastic, smooth and fine. My earlier batch I just mix it only.



Green Peas Cookies

Ingredients:
1. 330g green peas powder
2. 340g superfine flour (normal flour can be used)
3. 180g icing sugar
4. 200g corn oil
5. 1 egg yolk mix with 1 tbs of water for glazing 

Method
1. Sieve 1,2 and 3 together. 
2. Mix them thoroughly.
3. Add in oil slowly and mix it.
4. Lightly shape abit of the dough into 1.5cm diameter ball
5. Place it on baking tray lined with parchment paper and press lightly the top to flatten a bit.
6. Make a round circle on top. I don't have any special shaper, so I improvise by using the cover of a   liquid paper bottle. It can also be the cover of toothpaste tube. Oh, of course we have to wash it clean before using.
7. Brush the top with the egg yolk.
8. Bake in preheat oven at 180 C for 18 mins.


The  cover of the liquid paper bottle that I use for marking the top of these cookies.



 Homemade cookies may not look nice but the taste is definitely better than commercial ones. 
Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Post a Comment

0 Comments