Klebang Coconut Shake, Melaka


I went in search of this Klebang Original Coconut Shake when I was in Melaka. Why? Because I heard of this famous Klebang Original Coconut Shake many times already and the Grab driver mentioned it again when I was in Melaka. So, ok, this is it, I must go to try it while I am here as I love coconut and it was a hot day in Melaka. Before I write further on Klebang Original Coconut Shake, here's some facts on coconuts first ^-^  

The background of coconut:
As stated in BBC Goodfood, Coconut (Cocos nucifera) is from the Palm family (Arecaceae). The name came from the time when Spanish named it the cocos - meaning 'grinning face' because of the three little eyes on the base which they thought resemble a monkey. It is grown an abundance in Malaysia, Polynesia and southern Asia.

Uses and goodness of Coconut
Talking about coconut, I can rant on and on, as coconut has so many uses from nearly all parts of its plant, that's why in Sanskrit, the coconut is known as kalpa vriksha - 'tree that gives all that is necessary for living' 


I love to drink fresh young coconut water especially on a hot day as it is quenching and full of nutrients. Vitamins B, C, potassium,magnesium, calcium and many others present in just coconut water (from wikipedia) It has also been a practice for us to drink coconut water whenever we feel heaty or has fever.


There are lots of tables and chairs and a car parking lot, but I heard that during weekends, the car parking space is full. 

Here, we have to order and pay at the counter first. If you want to eat other food, just choose the food first, put it on a plate and then queue to pay at the counter. There are a variety of many different food such as local kuih, cakes, nasi lemak where you can eat with this coconut shake for brunch.

Basic Coconut shake is made form blending coconut flesh with coconut water and a scoop of ice cream is added. Of course, the quantity added is their secret recipe. Here, in Klebang Original Coconut Shake, they stated that they add Walls ice cream.


To me, this coconut shake here is average. Oh yes, I can taste the coconut water and  also some of the shredded coconut flesh. Of course the vanilla ice cream does the trick of enchanting the taste and sweetness. Personally, I still prefer the normal plain fresh coconut water straight from the nut and the soft young flesh where I can have fun scooping it up with a spoon!


The entrance to this Klebang Original Coconut Shake stall.


Address:
Lot 130 Solok Kampung Bahagia 75200 Melaka (68.08 mi)
Malacca City 75200


 Please give your comment if you have tasted this famous coconut shake. Thank you
Related post on attractions in Melaka
1. When I was in Melaka, I stayed in a nostalgic boutique hotel. Check out the photos and more about this boutique hotel in Jonker Street : Timez Modern Heritage Hotel


Here is the location on Google map.

Post a Comment

0 Comments