Sardine Vege Spaghetti Recipe with Ayam Brand Malaysia




I was elated to receive a box of goodies from Ayam Brand sometime ago. Ayam Brand is celebrating its 125 years anniversary! What to cook with it? Spaghetti, Sardines in Extra virgin Olive oil, sardines in tomato sauce and sardines in olive oil and chilli. Hmm... that's quite a lot of sardines, don't worry simple cooking recipes are on the way.


It's been some time since I cooked spaghetti at home, why? Because I usually do not stock minced meat and we need minced meat to cook spaghetti. 
Last week, my girl told me, "Mummy I want spaghetti for dinner tonight." 
Ok, looking into the freezer of my refrigerator, I still do not have any minced meat. So I decided to try this simple spaghetti dinner with Ayam Brand sardine. Normally, people do not cook spaghetti with fish meat because there might be some fishy smell. Being a curious cook, I took it as a challenge. I tried cooking this sardine with vegetables and spaghetti and result, there is no fishy smell! 

Here's the recipe:

Sardine Vegetables Spaghetti

Ingredients: 
1 tin of Ayam Brand sardine in extra virgin olive oil (120g)
100g Alce Nero spaghetti (for 2 pax)
8 button mushrooms
3 cm of ginger
1 red onion
1 tomato
2 leaves of iceberg lettuce ( wash and slice)
3 Tbsp of tomato sauce
2 Tbsp of Mayonnaise
1 cucumber


Ayam Brand Sardines in extra virgin oil, Ayam Brand mushroom, and organic spaghetti (Alce Nero)


Cucumber, ginger, onion and tomato


Ice berg Lettuce 


Tomato sauce 

Method: 
1. Boil the spaghetti noodles in a small pot until soft. Drain and put aside.
2. Chop onions, slice the button mushroom 




3. Chopped the tomato and slice the ginger thinly


4. Open the tin of sardine, do not mash it as it will break easily during cooking


5. Stir fry onions till soft, add ginger and mushrooms stir for a while. Then chopped tomatoes. 
6. Pour in the sardines, then add tomato sauce and mayonnaise, stir until all mixed and cooked. 
7. Put the cooked spaghetti noodles on a plate then scoop the cooked sardine (no. 6) on top of it.


8. Decorate with sliced cucumber and topped with sliced lettuce.


The above is for photography purpose only. When I eat, I add lots more of lettuce onto my plate. 
I love lots of vegetables, so I mix all the sliced cucumber with the spaghetti. It is yummy without fishy smell because of the ginger. It is a versatile dish, if you don't have mayonnaise, then omit it, but it will not be creamy. 

Ayam Brand Sardines contained natural source of Omega 3 and calcium with no preservative and MSG added.

Stay tuned as there will be more simple recipes coming soon......

Post a Comment

0 Comments